NIKKI AGULTO - Team Impact Training Grounds
I first met Nikki about 4 years ago; I was looking to join some small group training sessions and Nikki was one of my trainers. A few years later I moved FORDESPHYSIO into a premises at the same gym Nikki was working and Nikki got to learn first hand how strong my thumbs really are! More recently Nikki started Team Impact with his business partner Philip Wilson (you can learn more about them here). He started Team Impaact with a clear and common goal in mind; to help individuals unlock their full potential and become the best versions of themselves.
I caught up with Nikki recently and asked him a few questions about health and life:
My health philosophy
"It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver" - Mahatma Gandhi. Eat nutritious foods, move daily, train your mind and don't forget to laugh and smile! :)
The question you get asked most by your clients:
How do I tone up my stomach, butt and thighs?
And the answer…..
First of all I'd let them know that 80% of wanting to tone up/ lose weight will come from eating the right foods and that the other 20% will come from training. From there I would ask a series of questions to find out where they are at with their nutrition and training. If I had to choose a few key tips to help with toning up, I would advise them to: Limit white starchy carbs (rice, breads, pasta, potato etc) and liquid calories (juice, alcohol, soft drink etc.), increase their protein and good fat intake in each meal, drink at least 2L of water day, strength train at least 2 times a week, do sprint interval and have adequate recovery.
What makes you wildly happy?
There a few things that makes me wildly happy. If I had to choose, being around my fiance Debi would have to top the list. Other things that makes me happy - doing what I am truly passionate about, hanging out with close friends and family and playing with our fur babies.
If you could change something in the world, what would it be?
Kids spending TOO much time on electronic devices (tablets, smart phones, gaming consoles etc.) Gone are the days, where kids spend there extra time playing outdoors, climbing trees and interacting with other kids. Don't get me wrong, I believe there are benefits children can gain from using technology but being in front of a screen for countless hours can be detrimental to their health.
One thing I wish everyone in the world could know about Personal Training is...
Personal training is not a luxury...It's an investment for your current and future well being. For too long, having a personal trainer has been seen as a luxury, something that only a select few are lucky enough to have. I believe that everyone is entitled to do personal training and reap the full benefits of it.
Team Impact Training Ground
120 Pullen Road, Everton Park, QLD, 4053